- 10:00 am to 1.00 pm
- 5:00 pm to 8.00 pm
Ask the Experts
Machine injuries in hand, as the name suggests, occurs when a part of your hand – the palm, wrist, or arm – gets caught between machinery or sustains severe injuries under the influence of a high magnitude force. Industrial and factory workers whose job role involves working with or around machine equipment are at risk of getting machine crush hand injuries.
- Crushed limbs, hands or fingers
- Broken bones
Symptoms of Machine Injury
The symptoms of machine crush hand injuries depend on the type of injury. For minor injuries, such as fingers getting trapped in a machine, the symptoms may be mild –
- Loss of pulse in the injured hand
- Open wounds
- Damage to the skin layers
- Severe bruising
- Extreme pain
- Paralysis of the arms
Causes & Effects
Every heavy machinery accident is unique and causes unique injuries. Catastrophic injuries caused by heavy machinery can require a large amount of medical care.
- Crushed limbs
- Cuts and lacerations
- Traumatic amputations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Skull fractures
Machine Injuries Treatments of Dr. Ravi
These are some of the useful remedies for machine injuries
- If a bone is sticking out of the skin, do not try to push it back into the skin. Cover the area with a clean bandage.
- Control bleeding.
- Stop, change, or take a break from activities that cause your symptoms.
- Splint the injured area without trying to straighten the injured limb. Loosen the wrap around the splint if signs develop that indicate the wrap is too tight, such as numbness, tingling, increased pain, swelling, or cool skin below the wrap. A problem called compartment syndrome can develop.
Some of the most common injuries we see from accidents involving dangerous machinery and heavy equipment.
Getting On and Off Equipment or Machines. According to data maintained by OSHA, the most common cause of worksite injuries associated with equipment and machines is getting on and off of equipment and machines. A key to ensuring safety getting on and off equipment and machines is to check boots and gloves
1.When to Seek Medical Care for Hand Injury
4.Loss of motion or strength.
6.Obvious deformity or amputation.
7.Any of the signs of infection, such as tenderness, local warmth, redness, swelling, pus, or fever.